Click on the following link to watch the introduction video:
What our weekly journey will look like:
- Intro Video: Each week our time together will begin with one short intro video where I will share what the Lord’s been teaching me.
- Read: Then you will be asked to read the chapter.
- Prayerfully Ponder Scripture: Each week will also feature a short passage of scripture for you to prayerfully ponder.
- Art Journal Example Video: Then I’ll share the page I art journaled and give a sample art journaling assignment – remember these can take as much or as little time as you’d like. Even a 30 second sketch will help you process the material more deeply.
- Process Through Art Journaling: Then you get to create your art journal entry as you process with the Lord paying attention to whatever He wants to creatively teach you!
- Application Video: There will be a final video where I’ll share my application for the week and walk you through creating yours!
- Create Application Page: You get to create your application page and if you’d like share it with us on instagram using the hashtag #inherentlyworthy
This Week’s Challenge:
- Ask the Lord if He wants you to do this.
- If so, ask Him to help you come up with a plan for when you’ll be doing this. My goal is to post each week’s video on Monday.
- Respond in the comment section below letting me know you’re in and share why you are joining this journey.
- Obtain the materials you’ll need to do this course (see below).
- Create your cover! (remember to start with prayer asking the Lord what He wants this to be! And for help if you’re artistically challenged like me! ;0)
Click on the following link to watch this week’s
Art Journal Demonstration Video
The Soul of Shame by Dr. Curt Thompson
Canson Mixed Media Art Journal 7×10 inch 98 lb paper
Crayola Colored Pencils 24 count*
*Water Color Pencils – I have fallen in love with using these!!! They are incredible for creating backgrounds for both your quiet time pages as well as the pages you take notes on! If you get these you won’t need to purchase regular colored pencils separately.
Scrapbook paper – This is one example – you can even buy single sheets at Michaels! I’ve found beautiful paper makes any page look amazing!
Elmer’s glue for making Mod podge – Mix this with 1/4 parts water and you have mod podge (though of course you can just buy mod podge if you’d rather. But this costs much less!)
Scissors, regular pens, markers, paint, stickers… Have fun adding whatever catches your fancy! I love to go to Tuesday Morning and peruse their craft section – it’s amazing what you can find there and at greatly discounted prices!
Please feel free to comment below or email me through the contact page if you have questions!
See you next week! ;0)
2 thoughts on “Invitation to Journey”
I am so excited to be starting this journey with you! And trust me, getting to journey together is a huge help to me! I recently discovered after taking the StrengthsFinder assessment that I have no neurological pathways for discipline! Honest! Now I understand why I’ve struggled for years to exercise on my own even though I like being active! But if I exercise with someone else, I am 100 % guaranteed to do it! The same goes with learning! When I share the journey – not only does it add whole new layers of depth as I learn from those I’m journeying with – but I actually make time for this! Small wonder when the Lord wants me learning something He often has me doing it with four different groups of women! The more I process, the more I learn and the more my life is impacted! Especially as accountability actually gets me doing the application ideas I come up with! I am so looking forward to sharing this journey with you!
I am grateful for that axios worth and to be invited to join the feast on my worst days! Mama hood is highlighting the “I am not enough” factor more than I ever thought it would for sure. From the way I can’t find enough time to make up with effort for what i perceive I’m lacking (no free time anymore) to the way that I perceive my kids to the way I view myself in the context of the community of families I’m around (comparison!). I am eager to listen and let God reveal and transform those shame places in my heart. Thank you for your hard work and your vision for this, Deb!